Welcome to the travel blog with a twist.
I’m your host, Cait, here to recommend views to see, places to eat, sites to visit, and random stuff to help you out along the way.
It’d be really great if you felt inspired to get out into the world, as well! But, what else?
Here’s the thing. I’m kind of a fan of anarchy and definitely anti-consumerism. I’m a huge fan of conscientious and ethical travel.
And I’m tired of seeing endless blogs about how wonderful it is to be traveling + bikinis + sunshine + rainbows and puppies. Sometimes travel is tough. Sometimes you end up in a country whose government is pretty horrific. Often you’ll end up reflecting on the small and large injustices that exist all around you.
What I’m saying is, let’s talk about travel, because everyone loves a good vacation. Let’s also talk about other shiz, because we know life has more meaning that just fantastic photo-ops.
In the spirit of knowledge-sharing, here we’ll talk about:
- Cultural awareness – like, should you tip in Prague? (Yes.)
- Traveling for reasonable prices, dirt cheap, or free
- Not subscribing to the patriarchal, industrialist, capitalist system of oppression
- Rad products, websites, and agency reviews
- Efforts toward ethical travel and a sustainable existence
- Traveling with a purpose – volunteering, visiting alternative lifestyles, and activism
If there’s anything you want to hear about, discuss, or debate, you’re welcome to message me through the contact page.
Thanks for being here!
Frankly, I’m pretty anti-capitalist. So I’m hoping you’ll believe me when I tell you this is not an “influencer” site. I am not trying to make a living from blogging or randomly promote brands. However, if I find companies that are eco-friendly, sustainable, unionized, paying fair-wages, socially-conscious, POC or woman owned, and/or otherwise human-centered…you get the idea…these businesses and products are worth talking about.
In the interest of funding this project, I’m trying out a few things:
- Direct Marketing – when I find a company/product fitting the ^^above description, I will be offering them premium space on this site
- Affiliate Links – these link go directly to products that I actually like, so any of those are basically a stamp of approval. Know a company or product that deserves to be linked? Contact me!
- Sponsorship – Occasionally, I might have the chance to travel or stay for free in exchange for publicity. In such articles, I will explicitly tell you that this is the case.
- Google Ads – they’ll pop up in the sidebar and sometimes other places. I’m trying to ensure they’re not too disruptive to your experience